Wednesday 11 December 2013

{Christmas Crafts} JOY Cards


Ahh… Christmas! With all my presents finally planned, and talk of the decorations going up soon, and a Christmas buffet to prepare, it is really starting to feel like 'tis the season to be jolly. And of course, there's the Christmas music playing out as well, mainly carols for me. I'm also thinking about Jesus a lot too, because after all, it is CHRISTmas. Check out the Advent Sunday video series at aholyexperience.com as Ann lights the candles and talks about Hope and this week, Peace.

One thing that heralds the arrival of the proper Christmas season is Christmas cards. When we get the first ones through the post, we start writing ours (yes, sometimes we're late with that, too.) Last year I made Christmas cards for my family to send out in two designs. We didn't have to write in them as I printed a Christmas greeting and Bible verse onto the card before adding designs to the front. That saves a whole lot of work with as many names to write as their are in my family!

This design was the simplest and easiest to make out of the two designs I tried, and was fairly inexpensive as card making goes. The bottom half of the card is covered in pretty craft paper, and then the join is covered by some silky ribbon stuck on with double sided tape. I was pleased to find something that didn't look to gaudy or tacky but still Christmassy, I think. The finishing touch was a 'JOY' label that I designed and printed onto card. 


I hope that you enjoy reading these kinds of posts and are inspired for your Christmas making… what about tags or gift wrap on this theme? What signals that Christmas is here for you? What are you planning on crafting for this Christmas?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment and tell me what you thought about this post! Thanks!