Thursday 17 October 2013

Life {Thursday 17}

Life speeds up as we are now well-and-truly stuck into the daily routine and school work, and time to to do crafts and sew my quilt have been limited. I find myself gravitating more toward the knitting and making side of things, and snuggling up in bed with a good book. So I thought I would just pop in with a few photos and links... from pumpkins and kittens to novel writing.
....
As I type I have some pumpkin steaming ready for a pie I'm planning to make. I'm doing this in
advance to save time, making the pasty case and filling on the day. I'll let you know if it goes well!
....
Look at these cuties! They are called Austin and Binkles, two of the litter of kittens we had been enjoying and looking after until they went to their new homes.
....
I came across  'Modernist Cuisine,' on the bbc food site, photos of food as you've never seen it before. The pictures look at hidden processes seen from inside pans, barbecues and even soil. Amazing!
....
Have you noticed all the lovely jumpers emerging in clothes shops recently? I was spoilt for choice in the small clothing section at my local supermarket even! I can imagine so many outfits to go with my super-warm Scottie dog jumper, that I think a Autumn Fashion Inspiration post may be coming soon.
....
Under the Sycamore is one of my favourite blogs and Ashley is having an amazing giveaway from all her sponsors. Write a comment to be entered to win items from lots of lovely online shops, including vintage items, handmade jewlery and art prints!
....
November is National Novel Writing Month, and I've joined the NaNoWriMo Young Writers Program, a dare to write and complete a novel in November. You set your word-count goal and can use their word-count validator to see how well you're doing. For now, until the writing frenzy begins, I'm looking at the tips and pep talks and thinking about the plot. 

2 comments:

  1. I can't imagine writing a novel in a month! I struggle with my blog posts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I hope it's possible! I'm doing a lot of background work first.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment and tell me what you thought about this post! Thanks!