Sunday 13 October 2013

Bible Posters 4: Grace and Peace

One of the things I love to design are posters of bible verses. I have been working on creating digital copies of some of these lately. As the first series on my blog, I am going to show these, one at a time, on Sundays on the blog. I hope you like them. At the moment I want all my posters to stay here on my blog, so I have labeled them with my blog address. 



Grace and Peace
'Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.' This verse and the many others like it give us a wonderful message about God and his love for his children. God's grace is shown to us through all the gifts he gives us, primarily Jesus and his death for us and the forgiveness of our sins through him. We stand in God's grace {Romans 5:2.} We can have peace in our hearts when we are forgiven of our sins and have peace with God, through Jesus who has made it possible for God to forgive us. 

I had the inspiration for this poster quite a while ago when I was in church and quickly wrote it down. I have heard the greeting 'Grace to you and peace' so many times at the beginning of the New Testament letters to the churches. I wondered if I could find the grace and peace greeting line of every letter and write them down in two columns, thinking of newspaper columns. When I got round to making this poster I wondered what I could do for the papery background I wanted. I considered looking around the web for a papery background or maybe try to create one on illustrator. The paper background you see on the poster was just a photo I took of some crumpled-up paper, and I was surprised how well that worked! Next I sought out the verses to add to the paper, and then the final 'Grace and Peace' text.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment and tell me what you thought about this post! Thanks!