This is delicious. It just is. And it has so much flavour: from smokey roasted pistachio and almond nuts to sparky ginger biscuits and intense chocolate. And it has crunchy and smooth texture too. It is great to make ahead and take to buffet's or parties and it gets snapped up quickly! Because, did I mention, this is really good!
From Green & Blacks Ultimate Chocolate Cookbook
90g whole blanched almonds
90g whole blanched pistachios
200g unsalted butter
140g golden syrup
400g ginger biscuits
70g good quality cocoa powder
320g milk chocolate
• Preheat the oven to 180C. Gently roast the nuts for about five minutes on a baking tray for 5 minutes until they are just changing colour. Turn out the oven.
• Line a 25cm square baking tin with greaseproof paper. Melt the butter and syrup together in a pan.
• Crush the biscuits in a large bowl. Mix in the cocoa, nuts and sultanas until well combined. Add the melted ingredients to the bowl and mix well. Press into the prepared tin. Chill in the fridge for 1 1/2 hours.
• Melt the chocolate in the microwave or in a glass bowl over a pan of boiling water. Spread the chocolate smoothly over the chilled base. Leave to set.
• Cut into squares and enjoy!
This can keep for up to 10 days in an airtight tin. Makes 25 squares.